Roasted Salmon with Lemon-Herb Vinaigrette – serves 4
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Season 4 salmon fillets (6 to 8 ounces each) with salt and pepper
Roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet until fish flakes easily, 8 to 10 minutes. Once out of the oven, cover with aluminum foil and let rest @ 5 minutes.
While fish is cooking make the vinaigrette. In a blender (or in a glass jar with lid, or bowl) combine:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Optional: for extra lemony goodness, zest the lemon first before juicing, and add zest to vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup any combination of chopped fresh herbs (parsley, basil, thyme, chives are good, whatever you like)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- season to taste with salt (about 1/2 teaspoon) and pepper (about 1/4 teaspoon)
Blend/shake/whisk to combine until smooth. Drizzle vinaigrette over salmon. Refrigerate any leftover.
Note: this vinaigrette is also really good over steamed/sautéed/roasted vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, etc.) as well as steamed red potatoes. Double the recipe for extra.