Tusk Fish with Pecan Butter Sauce – (serves 1)
½ – ¾ pound Tusk fillet, about 1” thick
½ cup toasted pecans
1 stick unsalted butter
½ tablespoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon lemon pepper
½ tablespoon oregano
1 ½ tablespoons capers
¼ cup dry vermouth
2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
1. Melt butter in a 10” saucepan. Add the pecans and toast until lightly browned. Stain the pecans, reserving the butter, which will be infused with the pecans. Save 1 tablespoon of the pecans, discarding the rest.
2. Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
3. Place the fish on a sizzle platter or in a baking dish.
4. Combine reserved pecan butter, parsley lemon pepper, oregano, capers, and vermouth.
5. Put the fish in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the sauce mixture (#4 above) over the fish. Put the fish back in the oven and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
6. Remove the fish and top with breadcrumbs. Put the fish back in the oven and broil (500 degrees) for another minute or two, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. How thick the fish is will determine the cooking time. Serve immediately